Join the Hahn Loeser team for a full-day session presented by NBI for an advanced-level guide to complex construction law issues.
On any construction project, seemingly simple issues can quickly become complex if not handled correctly. That’s why it’s essential to have an in-depth understanding of critical construction project legal matters that have the potential to cause severe headaches for your clients. In this advanced-level course, our experienced faculty will share their decades of construction law experience and will provide you with valuable tools you can use to help your clients through change order disasters, project delay disagreements, construction defect disputes and more. Provide your clients with the best representation possible by expanding your knowledge of complicated construction project issues – register today!
- Anticipate which construction contract provisions will cause difficulties down the road in order to negotiate them in your client’s favor.
- Disentangle complex change order payment matters that arise from oral change orders, additional work and more.
- Confidently determine which construction project delays are compensable and which are non-compensable.
- Factor in current court interpretations and state anti-indemnity statutes when wading into a construction indemnity dispute.
- Analyze CGL policy insurance documents to accurately determine who is actually covered under the policy.
- Get to the bottom of construction defect CGL policy coverage issues such as business risk exclusions and proving defective coverage is an occurrence.
- Fairly counter discovery delays, excessive notices and other dirty construction litigation tactics.
- Ensure interactions with unrepresented parties during construction disputes are ethically responsible.
Who Should Attend
This advanced level seminar on complex construction law issues is for:
- Construction Professionals
- Insurance Professionals
- Real Estate Developers
- Construction Contracts: Advanced Negotiation Techniques for the Top Sticking Points
- Change Orders and Extra Work – Payment Issues Disentangled
- Determining Responsibility and Remedy for Delays
- Indemnification Disputes – What is the Scope and Meaning of the Contractual Clause?
- Determining Who is Insured Under Commercial General Liability Policies
- Coverage for Construction Defects Under CGL Policies
- Negotiating Damages in Construction Disputes
- Ethics for Construction Attorneys
For more details and to register, please visit NBI’s site.